8 Hour Power Platform Training
Task summary: Create and execute a training to teach 3-4 students (with varying levels of Power Platforms experience) an overview of how to use Dataverse, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI. To teach, you should use one example app/project that uses all 4 tools from start to finish.
Schedule: 2-day training, 4 hours of training per day (not including breaks, TBD). Out of the total 8 hours of training, 25% of the time should be allocated to 4 Q&A sections, conducted after reviewing each of the 4 tools.
Training format: Should be a mix of lectures/demonstrations and hands-on exercises (done together with the instructor and/or after lectures/demonstrations).
Other deliverables: A PowerPoint/Word document that contains an overview of all the topics/strategies discussed with helpful (annotated, if needed) screenshots.
Administrative: You will use your own computer and software to join the client’s Microsoft Teams meeting.
Note: The client’s Power Platform is licensed through the Azure government cloud, so may be different than commercial versions, but the Platform functionalities themselves should be the same. Team members/the instructor can clarify if discrepancies occur that may be caused by permission differences.
Training should cover the following topics:
• Creating and publishing multiple tables, besides the standard auto-generated ones, and import data from different data sources (native connectors, such as Excel, SQL, SharePoint, etc., or Power Automate method) to each.
• Define different table relationships and explain how they work.
• Define new columns with different data types and explain, at a high level, special column types, such as look up, primary key, alternate key, and auto numbering fields.
• Demonstrate, at a high level, on creating views and logics
• Demonstrate building of model-driven app and canvas app for the example application
• Demonstrate commonly used components used by the two types of apps
• Include commonly used UI elements (with more than couple of types of Controls) for the two types of apps
• Demonstrate use of different types of logics (i.e., workflow, Business Process Flow, Power Automate Flow, Business Rules, etc.) in the app
• Demonstrate use of data visualization using Power BI in the app (can also include standard charts if it makes sense).
• Demonstrate use of standard flows already available out-of-the-box
• Demonstrate building of flows for the app and how to add to the app
• Demonstrate flows run on a schedule (recurring)
• Demonstrate flows that require hand offs by another party (at least one hand-off)
• Demonstrate flows that extracts attachment or content from emails
• Include or embed Power BI dashboard in the app
• App in Power BI dashboard
• High level Power BI development cycle (include sharing) walkthrough
• High level Power Virtual Agent demo
• High level AI Builder demo